On NWD, LLC Mail system, during hosting account setup, each mailbox account has a preset quota soft limit, which is generally much lower then total hosting account allocated with plan. This is prevent any one individual mailbox from using all the hosting accounts allocated hosting space.
-Note, the plan administrator can manage the soft limit for each individual account, learn how.
All mail accounts (emails), website files, images, documents make up total hosting disk space used. You may either receive a mailbox or disk warning depending on how your hosting account is utilized.
Email notifications are sent out by the mail system when a domain has used a percentage of their overall quota.
- If a domain has used between 80% and 90% of their allocated quota, the admins admins and mailbox users of the domain receive a notification via email.
- If a domain has used between 90% and 100% of their allocated quota, the admins and mailbox users of the domain receive a critical warning via email.
- Once the mailbox hits or exceeds the soft limit defined, they will not be able to recieve any future email until they get back under defined quota.
!!Important information about mail account usage!!
- Email utilization is a communication tool to send/receive the email/attachments, and should not be used to retain/store important documents/attachments, short term or long term. There is no guarantee they will be recoverable in the event a malfunction occurs with the mail servers.
- Important email communications/attachments should always be removed/transferred to your local share /hard drive and backed up after receiving them to assure safe keeping.
Many of our web service/hosting accounts come with managed hosting services, so you can simply submit a ticket and we will be happy to obtain information or setup/modify an email account on your behalf.
See our helpful blog post on tips about Managing your Email Quota.